Don’t Substitute an Online Will Template for Professional Advice
Drafting a will is crucial in managing your estate and ensuring your wishes are carried out after your passing. While online will templates offer a convenient and cost-effective way to create a will, several compelling reasons exist to consider hiring a lawyer instead.
Working with an estate planning attorney at Keith Morris & Stacy Kelly, Attorneys at Law provides you with the following benefits:
Knowledgeable Legal Advice
- Customization: A lawyer can provide personalized advice based on your unique circumstances. Unlike online templates, a lawyer can tailor your will to address complex situations such as blended families, business ownership, or special needs trusts.
- Legal knowledge and experience: Lawyers are trained in estate law and are up-to-date with the latest legal changes. They can help navigate state-specific laws and regulations, ensuring your will is legally sound and less likely to be contested.
- Avoiding mistakes: The complexity of legal language can lead to errors when using DIY will kits. A lawyer can help avoid common pitfalls, ensuring your wishes are clearly articulated and legally enforceable.
Comprehensive Estate Planning
- Holistic approach: Lawyers look beyond just drafting a will. They can advise on estate planning, including trusts, powers of attorney, and healthcare directives, creating a comprehensive plan for your future.
- Asset protection: A lawyer can provide strategies for protecting your assets, minimizing estate taxes, and ensuring your beneficiaries receive their intended inheritance.
- Probate process: Lawyers can guide you through the probate process, helping simplify and expedite your estate's distribution.
Peace of Mind
- Personalized service: Having a lawyer means you have someone to answer your questions and provide guidance. This personalized attention can offer peace of mind, knowing that your estate plan is in professional hands.
- Future amendments: Life changes such as marriage, divorce, or childbirth can impact your will. A lawyer can assist with updating your documents as needed, ensuring they remain valid and reflect your current wishes.
- Dispute resolution: A lawyer can provide valuable assistance in a dispute. They can help mediate conflicts and defend the validity of your will if it’s contested.
Your Will Is Your Legacy
While online will templates are convenient and budget-friendly, the benefits of hiring a lawyer to draft your will are significant. Our knowledge, personalized advice, and comprehensive planning provide a legal document and peace of mind to ensure that your wishes will be honored and your loved ones protected. Remember, a will is more than just a piece of paper; it's a crucial part of your legacy.
Need help creating your will in Houston or Fort Worth? Connect with us on our contact form or call (713) 636-5339 to schedule a consultation with an experienced estate planning lawyer.