Mr. Morris is the co-founder of Ostrom Morris, PLLC and has devoted himself to the practice discipline of probate since the start of his education. Mr. Morris’s firm is focused on consumer and commercial litigation, probate, guardianship and estates, probate and fiduciary litigation, bankruptcy litigation and other general litigation. Mr. Morris represents people, small businesses, and corporations in litigation matters and has tried numerous cases to verdict.He has also been hired by Harris County and many other counties in Texas to serve in a fiduciary capacity as Ad Litem, Administrator and Guardian. His duties as an administrator consist of accounting for and protecting the assets of a decedent’s estate, producing distributions to creditors, tracking down family members that might be heirs or have an interest in the estate, and winding up the estate.
Education & Admissions
- Bachelor of Arts, Political Science, Texas A&M University, 1997.
- Juris Doctor, University of Houston Law Center, 2001.
- Admitted to practice law: Texas, 2001.
- Admitted to practice law: United States District Court for the Eastern, Northern, Southern, and Western Districts of Texas, 2005.
- State Bar of Texas, 2001
- National Guardianship Association
- National College of Probate Judges
- Texas Guardianship Association
- Houston Bar Association
- Houston Association of Debtors Attorneys
- Texas Trial Lawyers Association
- Texas Super Lawyers – 2015
- Texas Rising Stars – 2011-2015
- H Texas Magazine Top Lawyers – 2013
- Houston’s Top Lawyers, Houstonia Magazine 2012-2014
- Distinguished Justice Advocates – Top 1% Attorneys In America
Scholarly Lectures & Writings
- Intersection of Probate and Bankruptcy, Houston Paralegal Association, 2014.
- Probate Process Start to Finish, Institute for Paralegal Education, 2014.
- Fiduciary Duties in Real Estate Transactions: Recognizing Relationships That Might Result in Fiduciary Duties, Houston Bar Association Real Estate Section, 2013.
- Planning for the Future, Mended Hearts, July 2011.
- Guardian Ad Litem and Contested Matters, South Texas College of Law 26th Annual Wills and Probate Institute, 2011.
- Estate Planning and Probate, The People’s Law School, April 2009 and November 2009.
- Foundations of Estate Administration, Estate Administration Procedures: Why Each Step Is Important, 2009.
- Preparing to Begin the Administration Process, Estate Administration Procedures: Why Each Step Is Important, 2009.
- Finding FDCPA Claims in Bankruptcy, Houston Association of Debtors Attorneys, February 2008.