Jason B. Ostrom is a Managing Partner with Morris Ostrom Law. He was born in Houston, Texas in 1973. He attended Loyola University of New Orleans, earning a Bachelor of Arts and Science in Political Science in 1995.
Following his graduation from Loyola, Jason earned his Juris Doctorate from South Texas College of Law in 2000, graduating Magna Cum Laude. While in law school he was a Notes & Comments Editor for the South Texas Law Review. Jason was admitted to the State Bar of Texas in November of 2000, and is admitted to Practice Before U.S. District Court, Southern District of Texas.
After graduating from South Texas of Law, Jason served as a briefing attorney for the Chief Justice of the Fourteenth Court of Appeals Paul Murphy. Jason worked as an associate with Cenatiempo & Ditta, LLP and Abraham, Watkins, Nichols, Sorrels, Matthews & Friend before opening the firm Ostrom Sain, LLP. Jason is a member of the Texas Trial Lawyers Association, the Houston Trial Lawyers Association, the Houston Bar Association, is on the editorial board of the Houston Lawyer, and has been selected as a “Texas Rising Star” for the past five years.
Professional Awards & Honors
- Houston Lawyer magazine, Editorial Board
- Texas Super Lawyers Rising Star 2007-2013
- Houston’s Top Lawyers 2008-2014
- Top Lawyers in Houston 2013-2014
Professional Associations & Memberships
- Texas Trial Lawyers Association
- Houston Trial Lawyers Association
- Houston Bar Association
- State Bar of Texas
- American Bar Association, Section of Real Property, Trust, and Estate Law and Section of Litigation
Scholarly Lectures & Writing
- The Role of Mediation in Guardianship Disputes: Changing the Traditional Approach, presented at the Harris County CLE Seminar, 2012.
- Trusts Used for Tax Reduction, presented at National Business Institute: Trusts 101, November 9, 2011.
- Trusts: Ethical Considerations, presented at National Business Institute: Trusts 101, November 9, 2011.
- Prudent and Proper Treatment of Assets, presented at National Business Institute: The Probate Process from Start to Finish, July 2011.
- A Law Degree Doesn’t Come With a Halo: Navigating Ethical Issues In Probate Practice (2008), presented at National Business Institute Seminar: The Probate Process from Start to Finish, April 2007 & April 2008.
- The Rights of the Surviving Spouse, presented at National Business Institute Seminar: The Probate Process from Start to Finish, April 2007 & April 2008.
- Will Contest Basics, presented at Houston Bar Association, 2007 Wills and Probate Institute.
Education, Clerkships, and Admissions
- Bachelor of Arts, Political Science with a Minor in Environmental Studies, Loyola University of New Orleans, 1995.
- Juris Doctor, magna cum laude, South Texas College of Law, 2000, ranked sixth in class.
- Note and Comment Editor for South Texas Law Review.
- Briefing Attorney for the Honorable Chief Justice Paul Murphy, Fourteenth Court of Appeals, 2000-2001.
- Certified Mediator, 2011.
- Admitted to practice law: Texas, 2000.
- Admitted to practice law: United States District Court for the Southern District of Texas